LTD "Georgian International Energy Corporation" - Project Manager in renewable energy sources
Project Manager in renewable energy sources (hydro, wind, solar).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the design, engineering and construction of wind energy projects;
- Develop, maintain and execute the project proposal or work plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project to assure that the project requirements can be met;
- Establish or oversee the work plan, staffing, and budgeting for each phase of project execution, including design, engineering, procurement and construction, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel;
- Establish the project engineering, procurement and construction budget and take responsibility for the regular review and reporting to accounting on forecasted expenditures under the budget, as well as controlling expenditures so that the project remains within budget;
- Conduct regularly scheduled project meetings with management, contractors, designers, local authorities to facilitate, confirm and communicate status of the project execution plan, schedule and engineering, procurement, and construction activities;
- Provide or coordinate engineering support for development and permitting activities as needed.
- Oversee the execution of and compliance with construction contracts and work with construction team to ensure adequate scopes of work are executed under those contracts;
- Lead project developers in developing the project and provide risk management assistance to secure power-off take arrangements, financing agreements and requests for proposals (RFPs) related to the projects/sites for which the project manager is responsible;
- Work in partnership with other involved department/ employees to assure a seamless transition of sites into the construction phase and further to operation phase;
- Lead and coordinate the work with the legal department to facilitate the development, negotiation and execution of project contracts such as Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), term sheets, contracts, design contracts, equipment purchase agreements, warranty agreements, commissioning agreements. Participates and assists with the construction and financial closings;
- Coordinate bidding process required to procure goods and services necessary for all phases of project execution, including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and recommendations to senior management;
- Work with Operations departments to define the requirements for adequate project turn-over and then assist with the transition of the project to Operations upon project completion;
- Oversee work product of the Construction team and quality control personnel to project during execution of project and ensures compliance with reporting requirements under contracts and lender agreements, and to internal management.
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, or related energy field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in engineering/construction/project management of hydropower projects, plus experience in the wind/ solar projects development/ implementation;
- Familiarity with energy industry technology (wind farms, modules, inverters, mounting system, balance of system etc) and contracts (EPC, construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts); understanding of budgets and financial models;
- Project management and time management skills, including an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to establish and maintain good relations with stakeholders.
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams;
- Some concentration of experience in at least one of the following: wind power industry, wind/ solar industry construction and operating contracts, wind/ solar project construction, operations/asset management, solar project design/development, module/inverter technology, or power marketing/offtake contracting, preferred. Having experience in different renewables will be an advantage;
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30% of the time;
- Experience in co-operation with related Georgian State authorities including Grid Operator etc.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Solution-oriented thinking skills – identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed.
- Fluent in MS Office products, AutoCAD, ArchiCAD etc
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume (CV) at email@example.com till June 30, 2020. Please, indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for, otherwise, your resume could not be considered.